Consumer Limited Warranty
CALIFORNIA FAUCETS provides the following warranties on genuine CALIFORNIA FAUCETS products purchased on or on behalf of a consumer from an authorized dealer for the installation in a dwelling in which the consumer resides. The term “authorized dealer” means a retail seller licensed by CALIFORNIA FAUCETS to sell its products. The warranty extends to the original consumer only and is not transferable. Unless otherwise state, this warranty begins on the date of the original retail sale and continues for as long as the original consumer owns the product and resides in the dwelling in which the product is initially installed.
To obtain service under this warranty, contact your CALIFORNIA FAUCETS authorized dealer, visit calfaucets.com/warranty/service, or call us at (800) 822-8855. Once you have filed a warranty claim, we will instruct you on the process to be followed. Proof of satisfaction of warranty criteria is required for warranty claims in the event it is requested by California Faucets.
BY WAY OF EXAMPLE ONLY, THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY TO CALIFORNIA FAUCETS PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM SUCH UNAUTHORIZED ON-LINE SOURCES AS EBAY, AMAZON, AND WALMART.
What is covered
- Repair, Replacement, or Refund Terms: During the warranty period, CALIFORNIA FAUCETS will, at no charge to the consumer, repair or replace any part which proves defective in material or workmanship under normal installation, use and service. Should CALIFORNIA FAUCETS determine that it is unable to repair or replace a defective covered part or that repair or replacement will not remedy the defect, CALIFORNIA FAUCETS will replace the product with the same or similar product or refund the the original retail purchase price of the product. Replacement parts can be obtained from your local dealer or distributor or by contacting CALIFORNIA FAUCETS directly at calfaucets.com/warranty/service.
- Mechanical Warranty: A limited lifetime warranty is provided on all mechanical parts to be free from defects in material and workmanship. The term “mechanical parts” means all parts and components of a product except cartridges and finishes.
- Cartridge Warranty: A limited lifetime warranty is provided on all ceramic disc cartridges. All other cartridges (including, but not limited to diverter, thermostatic and pressure balance cartridges) are warranted for a period of five (5) years from date of purchase
- Finish Warranty: A limited lifetime warranty is provided on all finishes against defects in materials and workmanship. In addition, all finishes except living finishes (including but not limited to Polished Brass Uncoated; Oil Rubbed Bronze, Burnished Brass, and Burnished Nickel) are guaranteed against tarnishing. Living finishes are expressly designed to tarnish and otherwise change appearance over time.
What is Not Covered (Exclusions and Limitations):
The following are excluded from warranty coverage.
- Drains, including but not limited to, pop-up drains, lavatory drains, shower drains, bathtub drains, and kitchen drains.
- Parts made of glass, crystal or porcelain
- Defects caused by modification, alteration, abuse, misuse, or accident; maintenance, cleaning, installation, or removal not in accordance applicable instructions; mineral accumulation, corrosion due to a marine or other saline environment or corrosive chemicals, use of the product outdoors; acts of God or the government; criminal, intentional, reckless, or negligent acts; or ordinary wear and tear.
- Any industrial, commercial, or business use of the product, including use in a property held for lease or rent.
- Labor charges, including but not limited to labor required to uninstall, install, or reinstall a product; to disassemble and reassemble a product; or to install or affix replacement parts or components.
- Indirect, incidental or, consequential damages. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.)
The removal, modification, or alteration of any flow restriction device voids this warranty in its entirety.
Limitation on the Duration of Implied Warranties:
The duration of implied warranties (including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) shall be limited to the shorter of the warranty period stated in this document or the minimum duration required by state law.
Some states do not allow the limitation of implied warranties, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
Your Rights Under State Law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
CALIFORNIA FAUCETS extends the above limited warranty to purchasers of products for industrial, commercial and business use upon the same terms and conditions and exclusions applicable to consumer purchasers, except that the finish, cartridge and mechanical warranty is reduced to two (2) years from the date of purchase. Additionally, with respect to commercial purchasers, all implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are excluded.